What Are Cookies And How Do They Benefit You?
Cookies are not programs or software. When you visit a website it stores a snippet of text from your visit, the next time you visit this text is retrieved by the website and they recognise you depending on the type of website. So when it feels like a website knows your preferences or is showing you items based on previous searches or choices this is because the website has used a cookie to recognise you. Cookies on our website do NOT store personally identifiable information such as postal addresses, email addresses or phone numbers.
Our cookies help us:
– Make our website work as you’d expect
– Remember your settings during and between visits
– Improve the speed/security of the site
– Continuously improve our website for you
– Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
– Collect any personally identifiable information (we will always ask for your express permission if we ever do collect this information but we don’t see why we ever will need to)
– Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
You can learn more about all the types of cookies we use below
More About Our Cookies
1. Anonymous Visitor & Behaviour Statistics Cookies
Google Analytics – you can opt out of Google Analytics using this tool:
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Here is another guide to your online options; http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ie/